vScope searches ranges using ping- and port scan methods. vScope’s normal behavior is to first try ping. If ping does not return any response, vScope continues to test a few commonly used ports. To disable vScope’s port scan fallback, do the following:
- Stop vScope Server service
- Open the file C:vScopeDataconfigurationconfig.ini (This file may be on another drive)
- If there is no such file, create it.
- Add this line to the file: discovery.scanprobe.rawping.portscan_fallback=false
- Restart the vScope Server service