The Network error IOException: Connection refused means that there is no database server listening on the specified port on the IP address. To troubleshoot, please control following:
Erroneous server name/IP
Please ensure that you are using the correct servername/IP to Discover the MSSQL server
SQL Server is not configured to use TCP/IP
Check if TCP/IP is configured on the SQL Server:
- Open the Configuration Manager:
Start -> Microsoft SQL Server -> Configuration Tools -> SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Enable the TCP/IP: from the left hand tree choose:
SQL Server Network Configuration-> Protocol for SQLEXPRESS-> TCP/IP
Right click and enable it.
- Double click the TCP/IP and click on the “IP Addresses” Tab
- Adding TCP/IP port : Enter TCP Port value to 1433 then click apply
- Restart SQL Server: from the left hand tree, choose:
SQL Server Services -> SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS) -> right click and restart.
There is a firewall blocking the specified port on the server
vScope is running Discoveries on the default port 1433. Ensure that this port is open and accessible from the vScope server.