To add SCCM as datasource in vScope you need:
- A credential with full read permissions
- Access to the SCCM SQL database
- The port number (default: 1433)
vScope does not require the SCCM agent to be installed on laptops or servers in order to inventory SCCM. However since vScope only inventories the same information that is found in SCCM the data relevance and quality will improve if you are using agents in SCCM.
For best result we suggest you to enable the following values under ‘Hardware Inventory’ in SCCM:
- Operating System (Win32_OperatingSystem)
- Serial Number
- Quick Fix Engineering (Win32_quickfixengineering)
- Whole package (includes patch information)
These values are not enabled by default for SCCM 2016.