Integrating Desktop Central with vScope allows you to view the machines and mobile devices you have in Desktop Central.
1. Login to your Desktop Central installation with an admin account.
2. Click on the “Admin” tab in the top panel and then click on “User Administration” to the right.
3. Now proceed to the “Role” tab and click on “+Add Role”
4. Give the role an appropriate name, such as vScope, and make sure that it has read access to everything. Make sure to save the role before continuing.
5. Return to the “User” tab and click on “+Add User”
6. Fill in all the required information for the user account.
You are required to choose a “User name”, “Password”, “Email” and “Role”. Make sure that you choose the new role that we created earlier in the guide. Under “Step 2: Define Scope” make sure that you have choose “All Computers” & “All Devices” as pictured below.
7. Now head on over to vScope and go to Discovery Manager -> Credentials Tab -> Click on “+ Credential” -> Choose Desktop Central.
Notice: You must be an administrator to do this.
8. Fill in the user name and password in the credential.
The username and password that you input here should be for the account that we created earlier in Desktop Central.